Join us in protecting land for present and future generations!
Profiles in Conservation
The following profiles in conservation feature the land protected by conservation easements across all three Land Trusts; Georgia, Alabama and Chattowah. They were originally published in the land trusts' newsletters and written by Frank McIntosh.
The profiles are listed below by conservation easement donor's name, county and state. We are proud to tell the stories of these future-thinking landowners and the special places their conservation easements will safeguard for generations to come.
- Dr. John Summerford, Sumter County, AL
- Dan and Mary Emma McConaughey, Atlanta, GA
- Barry Sheehy, Effingham County, GA
- Phyllis Weaver, Calhoun County, AL.
- Wade and Rosemary Strickland, Brantley County, GA.
- George Jeter, Twiggs County, GA.
- Stanley Farms, Tattnall County, GA
- The Roladers, Emanuel County, GA
- Mary and Bob McCauley McCauley, Morgan County, GA
- Dorris Burrows, Talladega County, AL
- Gill Family, Bryan and Liberty counties, GA
- Ken and Mary Jo Beverly, Thomas County, GA
- John, Sara and Al Bickley, Macon County, GA
- Jack and Linda Fountain, Taylor and Macon counties, GA
- Chop Evans, Dodge, Houston, Peach and Wilcox counties, GA
- Walter Sheffield, Miller County, GA
- Jay Moser, Evans County, GA
- Paul Cowley, Camden County, GA
- Al Pearson, Crawford County, GA
- Dr. Donnie Smith, Fayette and Tuscaloosa counties, AL
- Dan Jeter, Colquitt County, GA
- Maynard Fosberg, Heard County, GA, CVLT
- Bob Harbin, Floyd, Chattooga counties, GA, Cherokee County, AL
- Joe Colmore, Walker County, GA